- 300 grams plain flour
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- Pinch salt
- 6 large eggs
- 900 milliliters milk
- 150 grams hot double cream
- 150 grams dark chocolate
- 600 grams double cream
- 150 grams chocolate spread
- 50 grams Toasted hazelnuts
- Make the batter by mixing together the flour, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and add the eggs and a splash of milk. Whisk together and gradually add the milk to make a smooth batter.
- Brush a frying pan with oil and ladle in a thin layer of batter and fry the crepes one by one until the batter is all used up (should make about 30.) Stack on a plate and set aside.
- Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and allow to melt together, then set aside to cool to a spreadable consistency.
- Whisk the double cream to soft peaks, add a couple of spoonfuls to the chocolate spread to loosen, then add back into the bowl and continue to whisk until stiff.
- Assemble by layering each crepe with a thin layer of chocolate cream. Trim the edges so they are neat, then top with the ganache. Top with toasted hazelnuts.