Chocolate Matcha Lava Cake
Have you ever seen a lava cake like this?!
- 1 tablespoon matcha powder
- 150 grams white chocolate
- 120 grams unsalted butter
- 120 grams dark chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 80 grams caster sugar
- 120 grams plain flour
- Melt the white chocolate together with the matcha powder, its easiest to do this on a bain marie.
- Once completely melted and runny, pour into a ice cube tray and set in the freezer or if you have time, in the fridge overnight.
- Then start making the chocolate cake mix. Again using a bain marie, or double boiler, melt together the butter and chocolate until smooth and just melted. Turn off the heat and stir in the sugar until the heat from the butter and chocolate mix dissolves the sugar.
- Place the eggs and egg yolks in a jug and whisk together until turning pale.
- Then beat in the beaten eggs for a few minutes and finally fold in the flour.
- Grease the ramekins well so the cakes won't stick.
- Half full all the ramekins with the chocolate mix, then take one of the set matcha chocolate from the ice cube tray and place in the middle of the ramekins. Dollop over the remaining cake mix even between the ramekins.
- Place in the heated oven and bake in the oven for around 9 minutes, until the cake is just cooked on top.
- Leave to cool slightly before removing from the ramekins.
- Decorate with a sprinkle of matcha.