Chocolate Molten Lava Cakes
This easy molten lava cake recipe video is about to melt your tastebuds with its chocolatey, gooey centre. A perfect after dinner dessert.
- Butter for greasing the dishes
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 120 grams dark chocolate chips
- 120 grams butter
- 120 grams caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 120 grams plain flour
- 4 dark chocolate Lindors
- Preheat the oven to 200C / 180C fan. Generously butter the pudding dishes, and dust the insides with cocoa powder. Put into the fridge while you make the filling.
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a glass bowl set over simmer in water - don’t let the bowl touch the water beneath. Once fully melted, stir well and take it off the heat. Leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Use an electric hand whisk to beat the sugar, eggs and egg yolks for around 5 minutes, until pale and fluffy. Sieve in the flour and mix together, then add in the chocolate mixture and whisk until mixed through. Divide between the dishes and press a chocolate Lindor into each one until it’s just covered with the mixture - you don’t want the chocolate to touch the bottom of the tin or it may stick and make them hard to turn out. Cook for 13 minutes, then - carefully loosen the edges with palette knife before turning out onto a small plate. Dust with icing sugar, then serve.