Chocolate Mousse with Raspberry and Red Pepper Ice Cream
This decadent chocolate mousse has an unlikely twist that'll blow your mind
- 250 grams dark chocolate
- 4 tablespoons water
- 30 milliliters raspberry juice
- 25 grams butter
- 4 free-range eggs separated
- 90 milliliters double cream
- 40 grams caster sugar
- 400 grams Raspberry
- 200 grams Tinned Red Pepper
- 235 grams water
- 110 grams sugar
- 15 grams lemon juice
- 5 grams milk powder
- Combine all ingredients apart from the milk powder in a saucepan.
- Bring to the boil and add milk powder and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Blend finely with a hand blender and transfer into a bowl. Freeze for 6-8 hours.
- For the Chocolate Mousse
- Put chocolate in a bowl and place over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Add the butter and sugar and leave to melt.
- In a separate bowl semi whip the cream and whisk half the mixture into the melted chocolate mixture and fold in the rest.
- Chill in the fridge for 5 minutes.
- Put a scoop of ice cream on the mousse and serve.