- 130g butter
- 85g soft brown sugar
- 110ml golden syrup
- 100g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 275g rolled oats (a mixture of jumbo and porridge works well)
- 1 large orange- juice & zest
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- In a large saucepan melt the butter together with the brown sugar and syrup over a low heat. Once melted, add the chocolate then remove from the heat and allow to melt. Stir until everything is fully melted and mixed together then add the oats and orange zest and juice. Mix together well then tip into the baking tray and level the top. Bake for 20 minutes then leave to cool before removing from the tin. Cut into 9 squares.
- Add an extra grate of chocolate or a drizzle of melted chocolate and orange zest over the top!