- 3/4 cup self raising flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 2/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Green food coloring
- 14 ounces dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place the flour, cocoa, coconut, sugar, butter and egg in a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Press into the base of a lightly greased 8 by 12-inch baking pan lined with parchment paper, and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until soft to the touch. Set aside to cool.
- For the filling, place the powdered sugar, water, peppermint extract and green food coloring in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Working quickly, spread over the base and place in the fridge for 1 hour to firm up.
- When set, cut into squares and place on a rack.
- To make the chocolate topping, place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and stir until melted and smooth.
- Pour the chocolate over the bars making sure to cover all of the sides. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm, then serve dusted with powdered sugar.