- 200g Sugar
- 200g Unsalted Butter, Room Temperature
- 50g Whole Egg (1 Medium Egg)
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 360g Plain Flour
- Chocolate Coating
- 100g Dark Chocolate
- 150g Double Cream
- 25ml Baileys Chocolat Luxe
- 50g Milk Chocolate, To Drizzle
- Into the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the sugar and butter on a medium speed for 2 minutes. Scrape down the bowl and add in the egg and the vanilla. Beat for a further 45 seconds.
- Finally, with the mixer on a medium low speed, slowly add the flour, a few tablespoons at a time. Once you have added all the flour, scoop the dough out of the bowl with your hands and shape it into a rough disc. Split the dough into two, wrap both in cling film and then chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove one of the discs from the fridge, lightly flour your work surface, and roll the dough out to about the thickness of a pound coin. Place a teaspoon on top of the dough and use a sharp knife to carefully cut around it to create a spoon shape. Lift the spoon onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper, and repeat with the remaining dough.
- Place the tray of spoons into the fridge for 30 minutes and preheat your oven to 180C Non-Fan assisted. Remove the tray from the fridge and bake the cookies for 10 minutes. Remove them from the oven and while they are still warm, use the back of a teaspoon and gently press it into the top dough to create a small indentation (so it looks like a real spoon!). Allow them to cool completely.
- Into a small saucepan, add the double cream and Baileys Chocolat Luxe. Place it over a medium heat until it is steaming. Meanwhile, add the dark chocolate to a tall jug.
- Once the cream is hot, pour it over the chocolate. Let it sit for 2m, then blend till smooth with a hand blender. Pour the mixture into a small ramekin.
- Take the cooled spoon biscuits and dunk them into the chocolate coating, rotating them as you dunk them to get an even coating. Carefully lift the spoon onto a tray lined with parchment paper. Repeat this with all of the spoon biscuits.
- Once you have dipped all the spoons, melt your milk chocolate and add the mixture into a piping bag or a sandwich bag with a small hole cut off the end. Quickly drizzle the melted chocolate over the top of the spoons.
- Place the tray into the freezer for 30 minutes.