Georgia combines the best bits of a chocolate cake and chocolate mousse to create this fluffy cake of dreams.
80-100 grams egg yolk
40 grams caster sugar
120 grams egg white
80 grams caster sugar
100 grams plain flour
20 grams cocoa powder
50 grams chopped pistachios
300 grams plain chocolate tablespoon butter
4 large eggs separated 200 milliliters double cream
- Whisk egg yolk and sugar together
- Whisk whites and sugar together
- Sift flour and cocoa powder together
- Fold yolks and dry into whites in stages
- Pipe strips onto a baking sheet and 2 circles
- Sprinkle over pistachios and bake at 190 for 10 minutes
- Melt chocolate over bain-marie and add butter and leave to cool - Whisk egg whites and cream separately
- Mix cream into chocolate, then add to whites
- Build up mousse cake and set in freezer
- Make chocolate ruffles
- Top cake
Get The Tastemade App!
Watch new episodes and full seasons of the best shows, recipes, and classes on all your devices.