- 120 grams chorizo, finely chopped
- 100 grams butter
- 375 milliliters milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 40 grams plain flour, extra
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 160 grams fresh breadcrumbs
- 100 grams plain flour
- Light olive oil, to deep-fry
- 500 grams mash potato
- Peel the potatoes, slice and boil to make a mash with milk and butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Finley chop the chorizo into small pieces then add to the mash with finely chopped parsley and mix evenly.
- Separate into 3 different plates, beaten eggs, plain flour and breadcrumbs.
- Use floured hands to roll tablespoonfuls of the mash chorizo mixture into a ball and then flatten.
- Roll each croquette in flour and shake off excess. Dip in egg, then in breadcrumbs to coat. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Add oil to a large saucepan. Cook the croquettes, in 3 - 4 batches, turning occasionally, for 1-2 minutes or until golden and heated through. Transfer to a tray lined with paper towel.
- Serve warm.