- 1/2 pounds Fresh Mexican chorizo
- 2 poblano peppers
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Toasted slices bread for dipping
- Roast poblanos in the oven or straight on the burner to blister the skin. Once blackened, place the poblanos in a plastic or paper bag for 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove chorizo from their casing, crumble into a cast iron pan, and cook until browned. Remove the excess fat. Leave half of the chorizo crumbles in the pan and set the rest aside.
- Remove the peppers from the bag and peel off the skin. Remove the seeds and chop into small pieces.
- Place in pan with the chorizo, along with shredded mozzarella. Mix until combined. Top with the leftover chorizo crumbles and bake at 350F until the cheese has fully melted.
- Serve with toasted bread for dipping.