Chorizo Scotch Eggs
Upgrade the humble Scotch egg with this Iberian staple
- 6 x 60 grams eggs
- 150 grams chorizo sausage, skinned
- 300 grams good, coarse pork sausages, skinned
- 100 grams plain flour
- 2 eggs. whisked
- 100 grams panko or fine breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil for deep-frying
- Place the eggs in a pot of hot water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 4 minutes, then plunge into iced water to stop the cooking. Leave for 10 minutes, then gently peel.
- Combine the meat in a bowl until completely mixed, then seperate into six balls. Flatten one ball in your hand, then place one of the boiled eggs into the centre and gently tease the meat around the boiled egg, until it's completely sealed, set aside and repeat with the rest of the eggs. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll each egg gently in flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs, and refrigerate for 10 minutes. Heat the oven to 200C, and heat a pan of oil to 180C for deep-frying. Fry the eggs two at a time for 2 minutes or until golden, then drain, and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, or until meat is cooked through, and serve.