Christmas Pull Apart Cupcake Wreath
This is one wreath that's way too good to put up on your front door
- 200 grams soft light brown sugar
- 360 grams caster sugar
- 160 grams unsalted butter
- 480 grams plain flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 480 milliliters whole milk
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 900 grams icing sugar
- 300 grams unsalted butter
- 80 milliliters whole milk
- Green gel food colouring
- To decorate:
- White mini marshmallows
- Red fondant
- Christmas sprinkles
- Christmas decorations
- 14 inch cake drum
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Sift the dry ingredients together into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl beat together the butter and two sugars until creamy.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl/jug whisk together the milk, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add 1/2 of the wet ingredients into the butter mixture and mix on a slow/medium speed then gradually add in all of the dry ingredients.
- Scrape down your bowl and beat in the remaining wet ingredients. Once the mixture is smooth, evenly divide into the cupcake cases.
- Bake in the oven for 18-25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Leave on a wire rack to cool.
- For the buttercream sift the icing sugar into a bowl and beat it into the butter. Once sandy pour in the milk to combine.
- Beat for a good 5 minutes until the buttercream is paler in colour and is light and fluffy. Add green colouring and beat until well combined.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled arrange 14 cupcakes around the edge of a 14inch cake drum followed by 8 inside. Fill the empty centre with mini marshmallows.
- Place the icing into a piping bag with a star tip and pipe swirls onto each cupcake trying to join each cupcake together. Decorate with Christmas sprinkles.
- For the bow, roll out the fondant around 4 mm thick and cut a 12 x 3 inch strip.
- Find the middle point (6in) lift up the edges and pinch together the fondant. This should look like a letter M.
- Lift one end at a time, fold it in half, slot the fold into the middle of the pinched centre and let the edges hang over. Repeat with the other side. Use water to glue the fondant together.
- Take a small strip of fondant around 3 centimeters wide and wrap it over the centre of the bow to make it look neater. Stuff bow with cling film to help keep its shape while setting. (remove when serving)
- For the ribbons cut 2 long strips out of the remaining fondant and cut a triangle out of the top and bottom.
- Place bow and ribbons on top of the wreath and finish decorating with Christmas decorations. Enjoy :D