- 1 shop bought Christmas cake/any fruit cake - roughly 450g worth
- 60g unsalted butter, softened
- 60g icing sugar
- 1 tbsp boiling water
- 1 1/2 tbsp brandy
- 2 bags white candy melts
- 150g desiccated coconut
- Christmas sprinkles - we used red/white/green coloured sprinkles
- To make the brandy butter, cream together the butter and the icing sugar, then beat in the boiling water and brandy until smooth.
- Crumble the Christmas cake into a bowl and mix with the brandy butter.
- Shape the mixture into small balls, the size of a walnut, and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up. Remove from the fridge and place a stick/candy cane into each one. Place in the fridge for 1 hour to set.
- Melt the candy melts over a bain marie.
- Dip the balls into the melted candy melts and then roll immediately in the coconut and sprinkles.
- Place somewhere cool to dry completely then enjoy!