Don't get yourself in a knot – give these cinnamon treats a go!
- 350 milliliters Warm Water
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Instant Yeast
- 125 grams Bread Flour
- 375 grams Plain Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons Light Brown Sugar
- 470 milliliters Water
- 2 tablespoons Baking Soda
- 55 grams Melted Butter
- 150 grams Sugar
- 3 teaspoons Cinnamon
- Mix the yeast with the warm water, and leave to sit for 5 minutes.
- Add the two flours, brown sugar and salt to a bowl, and slowly pour in the yeast mixture and knead for 5 minutes until you have a soft dough.
- Put the dough in a bowl and let it rise for 30 minutes.
- Once the dough has risen, knock the air out and split into 12 chunks. Roll them chunks of dough into long ropes and twist together to make a pretzel shape. Lay them on a baking tray until complete.
- Boil the water and baking soda together and dip each pretzel into the solution, dry with a towel then place them back on the baking sheet.
- Bake at 230c for 10 minutes.
- Once cooked, melt the butter and mix the cinnamon and sugar together in separate bowl.
- Coat the cooked pretzel in butter and then dip them in the sugar mixture and serve.