Cinnamon Sugar Monkey Bread
The sweetest Monkey Bread on the internet!
- 200 milliliters milk
- 85 grams butter
- 2 large eggs
- 550 grams strong white bread flour + extra for kneading
- 2 1/2 teaspoon dried yeast
- 50 grams golden caster sugar
- Oil, for greasing
- 125 grams unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 225 grams light muscovado sugar
- For the icing:
- 100 grams icing sugar, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon semi-skimmed milk
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Put the milk and butter into a medium pan and heat gently until the butter melts and the milk is at a simmer.
- Cool for a few minutes, then beat in the eggs with a fork.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl then add the liquid and stir to a sticky dough. Leave for 5 minutes. then tip onto a floured worktop and knead for 5-10 minutes until smooth and springy. Use a little oil to grease a large bowl, add the dough, turn it in the oil to coat, then cover the bowl with clingfilm. Leave in a warm place for 1 hr or until doubled in size.
- To assemble, grease a 25 centimeters bundt tin with butter.
- Melt the rest of the butter in a pan. In a medium bowl mix the spices and sugar plus a pinch of salt. Spoon 2 tablespoons melted butter and 3 tablespoons spiced sugar into the
- Bottom of the tin.
- Pull the dough into about 65 small pieces and roll into balls. Taking 3 or 4 at a time, dunk the dough balls into the melted butter, let the excess drain off, then tip them
- Into the spiced sugar. Roll to coat, then put into the tin.
- Repeat until the tin is filled with the coated dough balls.
- Tip any leftover sugar and butter over the dough.
- Cover the pan with oiled clingfilm then leave to rise in a warm place for 1 hr, or until risen and the dough no longer springs back when you poke it.
- Heat the oven to 160c fan. Bake for 35 minutes. or until well risen and golden. Leave in the tin until just warm.
- Turn the monkey bread onto a serving plate, whisk all of the ingredients together to make the glaze, then drizzle over the monkey bread.