Cinnamon Swirl Crown
We've taken your classic cinnamon bun and turned it into the biggest cinnamon crown! Perfect for sharing!
- 135g caster sugar
- 1 x 7g sachet quick yeast
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 650g strong white bread flour, plus more for dusting
- 100g unsalted butter, melted
- 240ml whole milk
- 75g unsalted butter, softened
- 75g soft brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 350g icing sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp milk
- In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, yeast, eggs, salt and flour. Add the butter and milk and start to mix slowly until everything is combined and a soft dough is formed. Tip it out onto a floured surface and knead for 10 minutes until soft and supple. Or, use a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook: 3 minutes on slow and 6 minutes on medium-high.
- Form the dough into a ball and transfer it to a lightly greased bowl. Cover the dough loosely with cling film and let sit in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 to 2 hours.
- Tip the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and roll out to roughly form a 10x20-inch rectangle. Make sure the dough is smooth and evenly thick.
- For the filling, Spread the softened butter all over the dough. In a small bowl, toss the cinnamon and sugar together until combined and then sprinkle evenly over the dough. Tightly roll up the dough to form a 20-inch long log. Lift the log onto a large baking tray lined with greaseproof paper and join the two ends up so that you form an even circle.
- Using a pair of scissors, cut into 20 1-inch rolls, only slicing ¾ of the way through so they are still connected at the bottom.
- Turn one of the end cinnamon rolls on its side. Turn the next one so that it slightly overlaps the first. Repeat with each roll, so that each overlap.
- Cover the wreath loosely with cling film and leave to prove again in a warm spot for about 45 minutes - 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180c and bake for about 25 minutes, or until the rolls are golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before topping with icing.
- To make the icing, whisk all of the icing ingredients together in a medium bowl. Drizzle over the wreath.