Cinnamon Swirl Pancakes
Cinnamon Swirl Pancakes are the perfect combination of cinnamon buns and your favourite Shrove Tuesday treat!
- 100g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 50g caster sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 115ml milk
- 2 egg whites
- Cinnamon filling:
- 60g butter at room temperature
- 100g light brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Cream cheese drizzle:
- 60g butter
- 50g cream cheese
- 75g icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix together the egg yolks, flour and sugar, then whisk in the milk slowly, to avoid lumps. Let the batter rest for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Mix together the cinnamon filling ingredients and spoon into a piping bag.
- In another bowl, mix together the cream cheese drizzle ingredients and place into another bag.
- In another large bowl, beat the egg whites with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form when lifted.
- Carefully fold the egg whites into the pancake batter, until just incorporated, making sure not to deflate the batter.
- Lightly grease and a crepe pan or non-stick frying pan, and warm it to a low heat.
- Place spoonfuls of batter on the pan, and spread into a 10cm circle with the back of the spoon, about 1cm thick.
- Cook slowly, until bubbles start to form and the top looks almost cooked - then create a swirl of cinnamon filling and carefully flip the pancake over.
- Cook for just 15 seconds more, then remove from the heat and keep warm until the rest are cooked.
- Serve in a huge stack with cream cheese drizzle on the top.