Cob Loaf Dip
Why wash up when you can just eat the bowl? Our baked Cob Loaf Dip is the perfect party pleaser!
- 500g round loaf
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 200g pancetta lardons
- 2 tbsp chopped chives, plus extra to serve
- 250g block cream cheese, softened
- 160ml cream
- 150ml sour cream
- 180g grated cheddar cheese, plus 100g extra for top
- 1 French stick or baguette, sliced
- Crudités, to serve, such as carrots, radishes, sugar snap peas, peppers
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Cut the top off the loaf to form a lid and scoop out bread from the centre of the loaf, leaving about a 1.5cm edge.
- Place the loaf on to a baking tray.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the pancetta and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until bacon is browned. Add the onion and soften for 3 - 4 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Add the chives to the bacon mixture, then stir in the cream cheese, mixing until combined. Add the cream, sour cream and grated cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the cheese mixture into the hollowed out loaf and sprinkle with the remaining 100g cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the cheese has melted and the dip inside is piping hot throughout.
- Sprinkle top of dip with extra chives and then serve warm with crudités and slices of baguette to dip.