Feeling spooky? Georgia's Halloween cobweb cake is your go-to centrepiece!
- Pre-baked 8 inch sponge cake with one layer of icing
- Black, orange and purple gel food colouring (or any colours you like)
- Mini marshmallows
- Separate some buttercream into 3 bowls and add your food colouring to each.
- Using a palette knife splodge different coloured blobs of buttercream all over the top and sides of the cake, trying to fill all the gaps.
- Use your palette knife to blend all the coloured together on the top of the cake and use a scraper to do the same to the sides. Once you are happy with the covering put the cake in the fridge to set.
- While the cake is cooling, melt some mini marshmallows on a low-medium heat on the hob. When the marshmallow is melted and slightly cooled, use your hands to spread the marshmallow over the cake to resemble cobwebs. Decorate with fake spiders.