Coffee And Butterscotch Marble Cake
Our epic caramel drizzle is made from your favourite hard-boiled sweets!
- MARBLE CAKE
- 250g plain flour
- 200g unsaled butter, softened
- 200g soft brown sugar
- 40ml full-fat milk
- 1/2 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 espresso shot
- CARAMEL GLAZE
- 100g Werther’s
- Originals (around 20)
- 150ml double cream
- Preheat your oven to 180C and line a loaf tin with baking parchment.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, 180g of the sugar and the vanilla extract together until the mixture is light and fluffy
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then sift the flour and baking powder over the mixture and fold in with the milk.
- Spoon 1/3 of the mixture into a separate bowl. In this bowl, add the espresso shot and the extra sugar. Fold together.
- In the prepared loaf tin, put the mixtures in a big spoon at a time so that the two flavours are dolloped together.
- Use a long cocktail stick, skewer or a fork to swirl the two flavours together.
- Bake for 55-70 minutes, until the cake shrinks slightly from the sides of the tin.
- Remove the cake from the tin and leave to cool.
- For the glaze, put the Werther’s Originals in a small saucepan with the double cream. Gently heat, stirring, until the toffees have melted into a smooth caramel sauce. There will be some pieces that do not melt fully, those you can discard. Cool for about 1 minute before drizzling onto your cooled cake.