Cookie Cereal Ice Cream Cake
Cookie Cereal Ice Cream Cake is the perfect throwback dessert, because we all know that cereal is good at any time of day!
- 115g softened butter
- 25g caster sugar
- 50g light brown sugar
- 160g wholewheat flour
- 65g oats
- Pinch salt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 100g mini chocolate chips
- Ice Cream Cake:
- 200g homemade cookie crisp cereal
- 100g melted butter
- 1-2 tubs vanilla ice cream, soft
- Chocolate sauce
- 250ml double cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp sugar
- Chocolate sauce
- Crushed cookie cereal
- Cereal: beat the butter, sugar & vanilla together until light and fluffy. About 3 minutes.
- Add the egg and beat again.
- Meanwhile whisk together the dry ingredients and add this to the mixer until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Split the dough in two and place each on a piece of baking paper. Roll the dough into a log about 1” wide. Chill in the fridge for 20m.
- Slice the log up into small circles about ½” thick, then bake on a lined tray for 5-6m at 175C. Allow to cool once cooked.
- Ice Cream Cake: place the cookie crisp cereal in a food processor and blitz to a fine crumb. Add the melted butter and stir together until you have a mixture that has the consistency of slightly wet sand.
- Place 1/2 of the crumbs into the base of 7” springform cake pan.
- Spread half of the softened ice cream on top of the crumb base, then drizzle over chocolate sauce and the remaining cookie crumbs.
- Top with more ice cream and place the entire cake in the freezer overnight.
- Assembly: remove the cake from the freezer and whip the cream, sugar and vanilla to soft peaks.
- Drizzle some chocolate sauce in a zig zag over the top of the cake and then using a french tip nozzle, pipe even dollops of cream around the outside.
- Top with more crushed cookie cereal and serve.