Cookies & Cream Pavlova
In our next round of 'Will it Pavlova' we take on OREOS! This pav is packed full of all that great cookies and cream taste that everyone loves!
- 6 egg whites
- 325g caster sugar
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 8 Oreos, crushed, divided in half
- 300ml double cream
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 x Hershey’s cookies and cream bar
- Chocolate sauce
- Preheat oven to 170C.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and mark a 22cm circle on paper.
- Add the egg whites and sugar into the bowl of a free standing mixer and whisk on a medium/high speed for 10 minutes.
- Add the cornflour, vanilla and vinegar and mix until combined
- Spoon the mixture into the circle outline.
- Place the pavlova into the oven and immediately turn the oven down to 100 C. Bake for 1 hour 45 minutes then turn off the oven and leave in the oven with the door closed for a further hour. After an hour, open the oven door and cool the pavlova overnight with door ajar.
- When ready to serve, whip the cream with 1 tbsp icing sugar and the vanilla paste until soft peaks form. Fold in the remaining crushed Oreos and fill the pavlova with the cream.
- To serve, chop the chocolate bar into shards and garnish the pavlova with the shards. Drizzle over some chocolate sauce and serve immediately.