- Large piece of pork skin
- 250 grams squid
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1 lemon, for squeezing
- Parsley for garnish
- Mayo of your choice to serve (we used garlic mayo)
- Layout the pork skin out and cut off any excess fat from underneath, and roll the skin out so it's completely flat. Set the oven to 200°C. Pat the skin so it's as dry as possible and when the oven is up to temperature, heavily salt the skin.
- Place in the hot oven for about 20-25 minutes until crisp and golden and bubbly. At this point turn the oven down and flip the skin. Cook for a further 15 minutes on this side. Take out of the oven and leave to cool.
- Cut the squid into the 1 centimeter rings and pat dry. Break the crackling up by smashing into crumbs with a rolling pin or food processor, pat dry again and crumb finer with your hands.
- Mix the crackling with cornflour, coat the squid with beaten egg and then coat with the crackling mixture.
- Deep fry until golden and serve with a mayo of your choice!