Creamy Corn Jalapeño & Bacon Dip
If our Cheesy Corn, Jalapeño and Bacon Dip isn't a sign to gather your friends and family together, we don't know what is!
- 6 corn on the cob
- 12 slices bacon
- 14 tbsp crème fraîche
- 1 block Castello Jalapeño Havarti
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp chives, finely chopped
- 2 small fresh jalapeños
- 4 pita breads
- Spray olive oil
- Preheat the oven at 375°F.
- Make the corn: Boil the corn in salted hot water for around 7 minutes. Drain and carefully start removing the kernels from the cob with a knife, trying to achieve some small and big chunks. Set aside.
- Make the bacon: In a large skillet pan (around 10 inch) add the bacon slices and cook on a medium high heat for around 5 minutes, don’t give it too much color or it will dry when finishing it in the oven. Cut the bacon slices into 1-inch pieces and set aside half.
- Make the dip: Go back to your corn and add it to the same skillet pan along with half of the bacon with its cooking fat, cayenne pepper, crème fraîche and ⅔ of the grated Castello Jalapeño Havarti. Mix everything well, then evenly spread in the pan. Top this off with the remaining bacon, as well as a sprinkling of the ⅓ of Castello Jalapeño Havarti left to coat the dip, then place the pan in the hot oven for 10 minutes.
- Make the pita chips: Cut the pita bread with scissors into triangles (you should have around 6 triangles per pita), place them into the preheated air fryer and spray them evenly with the spray olive oil, cook at 350°F for 5 minutes until crispy and golden.
- To serve: Remove the dip from the oven, sprinkle with more grated Castello Jalapeño Havarti, the chives and fresh jalapeño. Dig straight in with your pita triangles. Enjoy!