- 2 croissants
- Butter, for spreading
- 60 grams good cheddar
- 40 grams emmental
- 4 slices of good quality ham
- 2 large eggs
- Slice open the croissants and coarsely grate the cheeses.
- Spread the outside of the croissant with the butter and layer in the cheese, followed by the ham and finishing with the cheese again.
- Place under the grill until the cheese is oozy and melted and bubbling. If the croissant is cooking too fast at any point, cover the top with tin foil.
- Whilst you are waiting for this, fry up your eggs in a drizzle of veg oil on a hot heat. Top the oozy croissants with the eggs when they are ready.