You don't have to fly to Portugal to get a taste of their custard tarts
- 1 puff pastry
- 15 grams of flour
- 130 milliliters of fresh semi-skimmed milk (cool beam)
- 110 grams of sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 65 milliliters of water
- Egg yolks 40 grams (around 2 egg yolks)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 lemon peel
- 1 vanilla pod (or vanilla extract)
- Heat the milk and flour until it thickens.
- In another pan boil the water, sugar and spices to make a syrup.
- Mix the syrup with milk and add 2 egg yolks.
- Do the basics of pasteis with the rolled pastry.
- Add the cream and bake for about 15 minutes at 240 degrees.