Curly Wurly Brownies
Your favourite toffee treat just got a chocolatey makeover! These gooey brownies will please any sweet tooth.
- For the brownie
- 2 eggs
- 200g caster sugar
- 100g light brown sugar
- 100g butter, melted
- 150g plain flour
- 60g cocoa powder
- 100g 70% dark chocolate, melted
- For the caramel layer:
- 125ml glucose syrup
- 125ml double cream
- 160g caster sugar
- 65ml whole milk
- For the top layer:
- 200g good quality milk chocolate
- 7 Curly Wurlys
- Grease and line a 20cm x 20cm brownie tin.
- Make the brownies: Whisk eggs into sugars until well combined, then add the melted butter and stir to incorporate. Add the flour and cocoa powder then stir through the melted chocolate.
- Bake at 180C for 20 minutes or until cooked through and a skewer inserted into the brownies comes out nearly clean.
- Set aside to cool.
- Make the caramel: Place all ingredients for the caramel into a saucepan and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Once the sugar is dissolved stop stirring but continue to heat until the mixture reaches 115C.
- Place the pan into a sink filled with ice cold water and stir until the caramel has cooled slightly and thickened.
- Pour on top of the brownies in the tin and set aside to cool.
- For the top layer: Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie, temper, and then pour on top of the caramel. Press Curly Wurlys into the chocolate.
- Leave to set and then slice with a hot knife into squares and serve.