- For the biscuits: For the salted caramel layer:
- 175 grams plain flour 120 grams double cream
- 175 grams wholemeal flour 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 125 grams light brown sugar 20 grams golden syrup
- 150 grams cold butter 140 grams caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarb of soda 40 grams chopped butter
- 50 grams porridge oats 150 grams dark chocolate, melted
- Glass of milk
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Blend the oats in a food processor until they are finely ground, or chop them very finely with a knife. Add the flours, sugar, bicarb of soda and butter. Pulse the butter and add a bit of milk
- Into the dry ingredients until it starts to clump together.
- Roll out the digestive mixture between 2 pieces of clingfilm until it is around 1 centimeter thick. Use a 5 centimeters round cutter to cut biscuits out of the dough and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- To make the caramel, combine the sugar and syrup in a saucepan and melt over a medium heat until it reaches
- 155 degrees. Remove from the heat and stir in the butter, then heat to 127 degrees. Stir in the double cream and salt before pouring into a greased and lined baking tray to set.
- Press digestive biscuits into the caramel layer, then dip caramel side down into the dark chocolate.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and enjoy.