- 8 x cheese strings
- 100g plain flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 150g dried breadcrumbs
- Oil for frying
- Prepare your pane - beat the egg, and put the egg, flour and breadcrumbs into shallow dishes.
- Dip each cheese string in the flour, then egg then breadcrumbs.
- Repeat with each cheese string so they’re twice coated, then put on a tray.
- Heat a pan of oil to 180 degrees.
- Gently lower in two cheese sticks and cook for 3 minutes until golden brown.
- Keep an eye on them to make sure the cheese doesn’t start leaking out. If that happens, the cheese is fully melted so remove them from the oil and drain on kitchen paper.
- Repeat until they’re all cooked
- Serve sprinkled with sea salt flakes and with marinara sauce on the side.