- 500 grams Fresh Mozzarella
- 100 grams panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 egg
- 100 grams plain flour
- Rapeseed/Vegetable oil for frying
- Lay out your mozzarella sticks out in a lined tray for ease. In a bowl, big enough to hold the mozzarella sticks, pour out your panko breadcrumbs. Give them a good squeeze and crunch up with your hands so there is a mixture of finer and chunkier breadcrumbs all together. Add the garlic powder, salt and Italian seasoning and stir.
- In a separate bowl, crack your egg and give it a light whisk. In the last bowl, add your flour. You should have the flour, egg and panko bowls lined up so that you can have an easy and ordered assembly line. Dip each stick in the flour, then the egg, then the panko mix, then back in the egg and then the panko mix so that they are well coated. Essentially this is a double coating.
- Heat your oil to 190 C and in batches cook your mozzarella sticks. For about 2 minutes. If they aren't properly coated in the panko mix, they will start to ooze out in to the oil. Once crispy and golden, remove from the oil and drain on some kitchen paper. Serve immediately.