- 350g Dark Chocolate
- 100ml Double Cream
- 50ml Baileys Original Irish Cream
- 275g Caster sugar
- 3 Large free-range eggs
- 175g Butter
- 200g Dark Chocolate
- 175g Plain flour
- 50g Dark Chocolate
- 25ml Baileys Original Irish Cream
- Chopped Pecans
- White Chocolate
- First make the ganache by combining 350g dark chocolate, double cream and Baileys Original Irish Cream in a bowl then microwave in short increments until everything is melted and combined. Then cling film and allow to set at room temperature.
- For the Brownies, break the eggs into a mixing bowl, add the sugar and give a few whisks with a hand whisk or electric beater, then set aside. This helps the sugar to start to dissolve.
- Melt the butter and 200g chocolate in a heatproof bowl in the microwave. Stir till melted.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar a little more until they turn paler, then add the chocolate mixture and mix to a smooth paste. Sift in the flour and stir until completely combined. Finally stir in the remaining pieces of chocolate and Baileys Original Irish Cream. Pour the mixture into a greased and lined 10 inch skillet and level with a spatula or palette knife.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes with the centre having a slight jiggle to it. Leave to cool slightly in the skillet. The brownies should have a soft centre and fudgy appearance when cooled.
- Whilst the brownie is cooling, give the ganache a mix. Then place onto the brownie and spread to give a rustic swirl finish. Finish with some chopped pecans and enjoy!