DIY Easter Eggs
Why buy Easter Eggs when you can make epic ones at home!
- 225 grams 70 percent Dark Chocolate
- 100 grams White Chocolate
- Melt the white chocolate and place it into a piping bag. Drizzle it over the inside of your easter egg shell and then set it in the fridge.
- Split the dark chocolate into two parts, one part being 175 grams and the other 50g. Keep the 50 grams piece in one large block if possible.
- Melt 150 grams of chocolate over a ban-marie until it reaches 46-48C. Keep the heat as low as possible.
- Take it off the heat immediately and add the remaining 50 grams of chocolate.
- Constantly stir the chocolate until it cools to 31C.
- Remove any lumps of unmelted chocolate.
- Pour the chocolate evenly into the easter egg moulds, on top of the white chocolate. Spread the chocolate into the corners using a pastry brush and then tip the molds upside-down and shake out the excess chocolate.
- Scrape the edges clean and then allow to cool upside-down at room temperature for 15m.
- Carefully take the chocolate out of the moulds and fill one side with the chocolate/gift of choice.
- Take a small bit of melted chocolate and paint the rim of each chocolate shell. Carefully place the second shell on top of the shell with the filling, gently press them together and allow to set for a few minutes.