Lemon and Lime Drizzle Cakes
Granny's favourite recipe gets an updated look
- 300 grams coconut sugar
- 130 grams of coconut oil
- 250 grams Greek or coconut yogurt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 175 grams buckwheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Zest of 1 lemon, plus 2 tablespoon juice
- Zest of 1 lime, plus 2 tablespoon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 4 tablespoons of maple syrup
- Desiccated Coconut for sprinkling
- Zest of 1 lime
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees and line a muffin tray with paper cases.
- Cream the coconut sugar and oil in a food processor. Transfer to a bowl and mix in the yoghurt and eggs until combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt.
- Pour the wet mix into the dry mix. Add the lemon and lime juice, zests and vanilla. Mix gently then divide between the holes of the tin.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and allow to cool. Heat the lemon juice and maple syrup drizzle on a low heat in a pot, then once it's combined well pour over the cakes and sprinkle over the desiccated coconut and lime zest.