Drunk Duck on an Island
This drunk ducks boozy marinade takes this dish to another level!
- Jerk seasoning
- 3 cinnamon Sticks (crushed)
- 3 sprigs of fresh coriander chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp pimento seeds (roughly crushed)
- 1 1/2 tbsp coriander seeds (roughly crushed)
- 8 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp crushed fresh ginger
- 6 scotch bonnet (de-seed 3 peppers)
- Juice of 1 orange, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 tsp orange zest
- Juice of 1/2 lemon, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 130ml olive oil
- 2 duck Breast
- 1 glass of merlot
- 1 chicken stockpot
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 1 tbsp honey
- Olive oil
- 1 tbsp jerk seasoning
- Potato puree
- 2kg Jamaican sweet potato
- 1 veg stockpot
- 1 tsp finely chopped parsley
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 2 handfuls of kale (chopped)
- Red onions (sliced)
- Blitz Jerk seasoning ingredients together until smooth.
- Use a knife to criss cross the duck skin.
- Season with salt, pepper and jerk seasoning, honey and wine. Place in a re-sealable bag. Leave to marinate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Boil potatoes for 10mins in vegetable stock and prep pan with boiling water to blanche spinach and kale.
- Take the duck out, save marinade and drain duck of juices, reserving the liquid for the jus.
- Heat pan with 2 tsps olive oil, place duck breast skin down for 2-3mins to sear meat and give duck a golden crispy skin. Place in a baking tray, cover with foil and bake for 8-10mins.
- Blitz cooked potatoes with chopped parsley to smooth paste. Bring out the duck.
- Combine any juices from the cooked duck, with the red wine liquid from the marinade and simmer for a few minutes to make a jus.
- Sauté vegetables and onions and prepare plate.
- Slice the duck, and serve on potato puree with the sautéed veg.
- Drizzle with rich jerk red wine jus.