- 250 grams salted butter
- 3 or 4 Earl Grey teabags
- 50 milliliters milk
- 140 grams caster sugar
- 325 grams plain flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- Melt the butter in the microwave and empty 2 or 3 of the tea bags into it. Stir to distribute evenly and then leave to set in fridge. Warm milk gently in microwave and add a teabag to infuse (not opened!) Once both are cooled you can bake!
- Rub together the butter and the flour until you have a fine breadcrumb like texture.
- Stir in the sugar and vanilla paste and then the egg. Add the milk until the dough comes together. Cling film and then chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Roll out until a thickness of about 2 centimeters and cut out whatever shapes you fancy- tea bag shapes welcome!
- Chill in the fridge to harden up again (to keep their shape) while the oven preheats to 160c (180 fan). Bake for 10-12 minutes until they're golden brown. Leave to cool and harden on a baking tray.