Easy Upside Down Cakes
Pick your favourite fruits and make awesome little cakes using this cake tin hack!
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 100g granulated sugar
- 3 slices of tinned pineapple
- 3 maraschino cherries
- 3 peach halves, for a tin
- 195g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 115g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 200g granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 125ml whole milk
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- Make the sugar glaze. Place a small saucepan over a low heat and add the butter. Once the butter has melted, add the sugar and stir it gently.
- Pour the sugar glaze equally between a 6 hole large muffin tin. To 3 of the holes add a slice of tinned pineapple and a maraschino cherry and to the other 3, add a peach half.
- To make the cake, cream the butter and sugar together with a hand mixer. Add the eggs one by one then add the dry ingredients and milk in alternating batches.
- Top the fruits with the cake batter and if necessary, smooth the tops with a spatula.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes.
- Once baked, invert the muffin tin onto a cooling rack. Let the cakes settle for a minute, and then remove the muffin tin. Do not let the cake cool or you will not get it out of the pan!
- Serve with pouring cream.