Fancy Mac And Cheese
The quickest and easiest one pot mac and cheese around
- 100 grams pancetta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 250 grams plain cottage cheese
- 250 grams ricotta cheese
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- Generous grating of nutmeg
- 500 grams extra-mature cheddar, grated
- 100 grams parmesan, grated
- 1 litre full-fat milk
- 450 grams dried macaroni
- Preheat the oven to 180C. heat a large fry pan over medium heat, add the olive oil and pancetta, fry until browned and crispy, about 8 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the cottage cheese, ricotta, Dijon, cayenne, nutmeg and a good seasoning. Tip into a large bowl and add the cheddar, parmesan and milk, stirring to combine.
- Mix through the dried macaroni then tip into a large ovenproof dish. Top with the crispy pancetta and a sprinkling of parmesan cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil, baking another 30 minutes. Remove and allow to cool slightly.