Filipino BBQ Chicken
You’ll flip over this Filipino BBQ chicken. Serve it with rice and you’ve got yourself a finger-licking good meal!
- For the BBQ:
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, sliced into wide strips
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 3/4 cup lemon lime soda
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- For the pickled relish:
- 1/2 cup carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, sliced or minced
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
- 1 habanero, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Salt to taste
- Steamed rice for serving
- In a large bowl, combine all the BBQ ingredients. Allow the chicken to marinate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Meanwhile, make the pickled relish: in a bowl, mix vinegar, sugar, and salt together. 3. Thoroughly mix in the rest of the relish ingredients. You can save any extras in a glass container. Soak wooden skewers in water for at least 1 hour, to prevent catching on fire on the grill later.
- Skewer marinated chicken. Grill on medium-high heat, turning occasionally to equally char and cook all sides.
- Serve with steamed white rice and the pickled relish.