Are you brave enough to take on our spicy Firecracker Chicken?
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 red chilli, chopped finely
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp tamarind paste
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- Pinch of white pepper
- 2 medium sized chicken breasts, sliced into bite-size chunks
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced into thin wedges
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped into chunks
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped into chunks
- 50g mangetout
- 6 dried chillies
- Small bunch of spring onions, sliced on the diagonal
- Splash of water
- Boiled rice
- Black sesame seeds
- White sesame seeds
- Wedges of lime
- Place all of the marinade ingredients into a large bowl and mix together. Add the chicken, then cover with and marinade for at least an hour (or up to overnight).
- Heat sesame oil on a high heat in a wok. Scoop the chicken out of the marinade and cook in the wok until browned, and almost cooked.
- Add the onion and cook for a further 2 minutes, then add the marinade and heat through. Add in the peppers, mangetout and dried chillies. Cook for a minute, then stir through the spring onions. Add a splash of water to the sauce if needed.
- Spoon rice into a small bowl, pushing it down with the back of a spoon, then place a serving plate on top and turn the whole thing over. Tap the bowl to release the mound of rice.
- Spoon the chicken around the rice and then sprinkle the top of the rice with the sesame seeds.