Five Spice Cauliflower
Our five spice cauliflower is our favourite way to spice up your new fav vegetable. A great meat alternative for a quick mid-week supper.
- 1 cauliflower, broken into bite sized florets
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsps Chinese five spice
- 60ml oyster sauce
- 2 tbsps chinese black (chingkiang) vinegar
- 100g rice flour
- Veg oil, for deep frying
- 375g packet fresh thin egg noodles
- Micro greens, to garnish
- Chilli oil, to serve
- Place the cauliflower, turmeric and salt into a pot of boiling water and cool for 3 minutes. Strain and run under cold water until cool then pat dry with kitchen roll.
- Place the vinegar and oyster sauce in a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Add the flour and 5 spice to the cauliflower and mix to make sure all the cauliflower is covered.
- Half-fill a large saucepan with oil and place over medium heat until the oil reaches 180°C.
- Cook the cauliflower, in batches, for 2–3 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Pour the vinegar mixture over the chicken and toss to coat. Set aside and keep warm.
- Carefully lower the noodles into the oil and cook for 1 minute or until crisp. Serve the cauliflower with the crispy noodles, micro greens and chilli oil.