60-Second French Omelette
You are just one minute away from a lovely French Omelette.
- For the basic omelette:
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Finely chopped parsley to garnish
- For the optional fillings:
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 2-3 slices of your favorite cheese
- 1/3 cup cooked spinach
- 1/4 cup cooked mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons cooked bacon, chopped
- 3 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 3 tablespoons feta, crumbled
- Chopped dill
- Whisk eggs in a bowl with water and salt and pepper. Mix well until the yolks and whites are fully incorporated.
- Heat a non-stick skillet to medium-high and quickly swirl butter until foamy. Pour the scrambled eggs and allow to sit for 5 seconds. Then quickly move the egg to distribute and cook evenly.
- Grab the skillet's handle from underneath and tilt the pan to slide the omelette down to the lip. Transfer onto a plate by folding the omelette onto itself. Sprinkle chopped parsley on top.
- For omelettes with fillings, repeat the process above. However, before sliding the omelette onto a plate, sprinkling your desired filling onto the bottom edge and then flip it over onto the plate to close around the filling.