- Caramelized apples:
- 25g unsalted butter
- 35g soft light brown sugar
- 30g caster sugar
- 3 Granny Smith apples
- 2 slices of bread, sliced long ways
- Brie cheese
- Goats’ cheese
- French toast:
- 5 eggs
- 75ml whole milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Melt together the butter and two sugars in a saucepan. Meanwhile, peel, core and slice the apples and add them into the pan.
- Cook until the apples have softened and caramelized. Take off the heat and leave to cool.
- For the French toast, whisk together the eggs, milk and cinnamon. Dunk a slice of bread into the mixture and rotate until the bread is completely covered. To get large slices of bread, cut the loaf lengthways rather then shortways. Place into a pan that has been heated with butter. Fry until golden brown on each side. Repeat with the second slice.
- Spread Brie cheese over one slice of the French toast and top with the caramelized apples, draining away excess juice from the apples. Top with goats’ cheese before placing over the second layer of French toast.
- Place in the oven at 190ºC to reheat and to melt the cheese. Slice and enjoy :D