Fried Cheese Balls
These Fried Cheese Balls are crunchy on the outside and gooey in the inside, perfect appetizer.
- 11/2 shredded Jarlsberg
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Oil for deep frying
- Sauce: 1/2 cup honey, 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard, 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Combine Jarlsberg, parmesan, egg, flour, and baking powder in a bowl. You should be able to form a small ball with the mixture. If it is too wet, sprinkle in more flour, until the mixture is not too sticky.
- Form all of the mixture into small balls.
- Chill Balls in the freezer for 10-15min to firm up prior to frying, or refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil to about 350F. Fry balls a few at a time and continuously rotate them in the oil, until golden brown. They will slightly puff up in size.
- In a small saucepan, combine sauce ingredients together, and simmer for 2-3 minutes.