Baked Egg Nests
Hashbrown egg nests, the perfect, hassle-free way to serve your eggs.
- 2 large desiree or other firm-fleshed potatoes
- 2 tbsp duck fat
- 4 large free range hen or duck eggs
- Chopped chives, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 220C (200C fan).
- Peel and grate the potatoes.
- Wash in cold water, drain as much water as possible, then dry on a clean tea towel.
- Add the grated potato to a mixing bowl then gently stir in 2 tbsp melted butter, animal fat or olive oil, season, and mix gently.
- Generously grease 4 muffin tins
- Pack 1/4 of the grated potato into each tin, and bake for 12-15 minutes until beginning to brown.
- Remove from the oven and break an egg into each nest, then put back in the oven for 6-8 for hen eggs (8-10 minutes for duck eggs) - until the white is cooked but the yolk is still soft
- Serve immediately, with a sprinkling of chopped chives.