How to make Fried Tilapia Fillets with Green Mango & Lemongrass
- 2 tilapia fillets
- 1/4 un-ripened green mango
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons premium quality fish sauce
- 2 x cloves, finely chopped
- 2 x birdseye chilli, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped lemongrass
- Shallow fry the fillets in vegetable oil on low/medium heat for 5 minutes on each side or until golden and crispy.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce by combining all the ingredients
- Julienne the mango into thin matchsticks and lay out on a serving dish. When the fish is cooked, place the fish on top of the mango and pour over the sauce.
- Serve with steamed rice.
- As an alternative to tilapia use other flat fish such as lemon sole, dab, brill, black tilapia, red snapper, pomphret.