Full English Breakfast In A Pie
Craving pie for breakfast, lunch and dinner? Our Full English Breakfast Pie is the perfect solution!
- 500g plain flour
- 200g butter
- 100ml ice water
- 150g mushroom, finely diced
- 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 2 sticks thyme
- 6 sausages
- 50g butter
- Baked beans
- 6 rashers streaky bacon
- 6 small hard boiled eggs
- 300g hash browns
- 1 egg for egg wash
- Add flour and butter to a food processor and blitz until it reaches breadcrumb consistency.
- Add in the water and blitz until the pastry starts to form a ball. Remove, shape into a ball, wrap in cling film and chill for 30 minutes.
- Chop the mushrooms then saute in the butter and thyme, cook until the moisture has evaporated and the mushrooms are fairly dry.
- Put the hash browns in a food processor and pulse until roughly chopped.
- Split the sausages and remove the meat from the skins.
- Reserve one third of the pastry and roll the rest into a round. Use it to line a deep 6” springform or loose bottomed cake tin.
- Fill the pies starting with the sausage mix, then adding the cooked mushrooms, whole boiled eggs, baked beans, bacon and then the hash browns.
- Roll out the pastry lid and fix securely on top of the pie, sticking with egg wash and crimping the edges.
- Decorate with pastry shapes if you like, then egg wash the whole lid and bake for 90 minutes at 200C.
- Let the pie cool in the tin for 15 minutes when you take it out of the oven, then slice and serve.