Funnel Cake is a classic American carnival food but here's how to make it at home in a few easy steps!
- 360g plain flour
- 50g caster sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 230ml buttermilk
- 200ml milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Oil for frying
- Icing sugar to decorate
- Heat oil for frying to 190C.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add milk, buttermilk and eggs - whisk to a smooth batter the thickness of double cream.
- Pour batter into a funnel or a plastic squeeze bottle with a 4mm opening.
- When the oil has come to temperature, add the batter in a loopy pattern.
- Once brown on the bottom, carefully turn it over to brown on the other side.
- Remove to kitchen paper to drain, then dust with icing sugar and serve hot.