Garlic Bread Toastie
We've taken your cheese toastie and given it a garlic bread twist!
- 4 really thick slices of bread (about 8cm each)
- 200g cheddar/mozzarella mix
- 200g butter, plus extra for frying
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Parmesan, grated
- Make pockets in the bread slices with a serrated knife. Be careful not to cut right through the bread.
- Fill the pockets with the cheese mix and set to one side.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan and once melted, add the crushed garlic and parsley. Stir to combine.
- With a pastry brush, brush the garlic butter over both sides of the sandwiches, making sure to cover each sandwich very well.
- Place a cast iron pan over a medium heat, and add a knob of butter. Once it’s melted add one of the sandwiches. Cook until golden on the underside - about 3 - 4 minutes - and then just before you flip, add a grating of parmesan to the top, uncooked side of the sandwich. Flip the sandwich over and cook on this side for a further 3 - 4 minutes, until the cheese in the middle has melted. Finally, grate some more parmesan over the top side of the sandwich and flip, cooking for only 1 minute, or until the parmesan has melted.
- Serve immediately - stack em’ up!