- Butter, for greasing
- 250g golden syrup
- 250g caster sugar
- 3 3/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1kg milk chocolate
- Line a large tupperware with tin foil and grease with oil.
- Mix caster sugar and golden syrup in a deep saucepan and stir over a gentle heat until the sugar has melted.
- Once completely melted, turn up the heat a little and simmer until you have an amber coloured caramel, then as quickly as you can turn off the heat, tip in the bicarbonate of soda and beat in with a wooden spoon until it has all disappeared and the mixture is foaming. Scrape into the tin immediately and leave it to set for about 1 hr.
- Melt ⅓ of the milk chocolate in a bain marie and pour over the honeycomb in the tin - this will be the bottom of your crunchie bar, then set aside to cool completely.
- Carefully remove the honeycomb from the loaf tin and place on a wire rack set over a baking sheet then melt the remaining chocolate and pour over the honeycomb bar.
- Set aside to cool again and when fully set slice/bash into pieces to eat!