Giant Doughnut Cake
Who wouldn't want a giant doughnut cake? Top with a sweet pink glaze and you're away!
- 185 grams Unsalted Butter
- 200 grams Caster Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 200 grams Plain Flour
- Pinch Salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 165 milliliters Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 95 grams Icing Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Butter, Melted
- 1-2 tablespoons Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Pink Food Colouring
- Melt the butter in a pan, stirring constantly until the butter has turned brown and taken on a nutty smell (10-12m). Pour this into a bowl and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled, add the butter, sugar and salt to a stand mixer and beat for 5m until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time on high speed until incorporated.
- Mix the flour and baking powder together, add it to the butter mixture in 3 parts, alternating with the milk & vanilla in 2 parts.
- Add to a silicone mould or bundt tin and bake at 180C/375F for 40-45m. Allow to cool completely.
- To make the glaze, add the icing sugar, melted butter, vanilla and pink food colouring to a bowl. Slowly add the milk until you have a thick glaze consistency.
- Pour the glaze over the cooled cake and top with sprinkles.